Footballing superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is without doubt one of the greatest players in the history of the sport. The striker has won everything there is to both professionally and personally, winning a host of trophies during his career.
Ronaldo holds a slew of records to his name, winning five Ballon d’Or awards, the joint highest in history and is Real Madrid’s all-time record goalscorer with 450 goals in just 438 games. The Portugese star is also the highest goalscorer in UEFA Champions League history with 121 strikes to his name.
On the day he turns 34, here, we take a look at the 10 best quotes on the genius by some legends of the sp
1) “There are some things Ronaldo can do with a football that makes me touch my head and wonder how on earth he did it.” – Luis Figo
2) When you play with Ronaldo on your team, you are already 1-0 up.” – Zinedine Zidane
3) “He has magic in his boots. The first thing you notice about him is that he is incredibly quick and very, very powerful for such a young man. He has great, close control and his technique is excellent. He believes he can do anything with the ball, and that confidence makes him very special indeed.” – Eusebio
4) “The best player I have ever played against has to be Ronaldo. You cannot afford to take your eyes off him.” – Gerard Pique
5) “With Ronaldo in your team, you become the best midfielder automatically.” – Yaya Toure
6) “Ronaldo can score with either of his feet, his head and now he is scoring with the goal at his back. I bet he can score on a wheelchair.” – Ryan Giggs
7) “Ronaldo has come through for the past two or three years and is the best in Europe. I think at the moment no doubt Ronaldo is the best player.” – Pele
8) “Cristiano Ronaldo is priceless.” – Florentino Perez
9) “[He’s] a world star in soccer like Michael Jordan was in basketball … They have both been blessed with a genius that has never been seen before.” – Carlos Queiroz
10) “Cristiano is part of football heritage, he’s one of those players who, practically on his own, can put a team in a final.” – Diego Maradona